Merry Christmas to all, on this Christmas Day 2011. You might be today spending time with the family, exchanging Santa’s gifts and wondering why the Elf’s brought you the wrong gift. Or having a Christmas dinner and if you’re an NBA fan, watching the opening day of games. We have so much to be grateful for.
But what I am especially grateful for is the relationship I have with God and the many blessings he has given to me.
The choice is ours. Each of us knows if we have a right relationship with God or not.
God’s love for us is the greatest of all the gifts which He has given. Our very lives are products of God’s love. If God did not love we would not exist. If God did not love all the pleasures we enjoy in life would never have been woven into the world. It is God’s love that is behind every gift and blessing that we have ever enjoyed.
The problem is that God’s love has been such a constant for us we have grown use to it. We no longer see it as the great gift that it is, and instead we come to think of it as something that we deserve. God’s love is a gift to be treasured, but it has become an everyday occurrence which is easy to ignore.
Only the humble see the blessings of God as the gifts that they are and therefore respond in gratitude.
When we use the gifts God has given us we are expressing the gratitude we have towards God and we are allowing His generosity to flow through us into the lives of other people.
We all have struggles in life but realize the struggles make you stronger. Changes make you wise, sorrow keeps you human, life keeps you humble, success keeps you glowing but only GOD keeps you going.
The Holy Spirit is everywhere at the same time, and you can key in to his vast knowledge, by submitting yourself to God.
There is never a time when you are with God that you do not benefit from being in His presence. Every time you are with God, you will undoubtedly benefit. God has perfect timing; never early and never late and it takes a little patience and a lot of faith.
Here are some benefits of seeking God:
2. He forgives your sins. (Psalm 103:3)
3. He heals all your diseases. (Psalm 103:3)
4. He prevents destruction from coming into your life. (Psalm 103:4)
5. He crowns you with loving kindness and tender mercies. (Psalm 103:4)
6. He satisfies your needs and your desires. (Psalm 103:5)
7. He renews your youth. (Psalm 103:5)
8. He grants you His favor. (Lamentations 3:25)
9. He divinely protects you. (Ezra 8:22)
10. He spoils the plans made against you. (Job 5:12)
11. Seeking God leads to joy. (Psalm 70:4)
12. Seeking God ends in praise. (Psalm 22:26)
13. You receive gifts of righteousness. (Hosea 10:12)
14. You experience supernatural prosperity and increase in your life.
15. You understand all things when you seek Him. (Proverbs 28:5)
The world sees only what you do. God sees why you do it. To hear God’s voice, we must turn down the world’s volume.
Remember when you leave this Earth, you can take with you nothing that you have received. Only what you have given.
Thank God for that!